Saturday, February 23, 2013

New Baby


Tonight is the last night of my daughter's first month of life. Tomorrow she will be 1 month old. Gosh and it was a journey to bring her into the world.

I was having the IDEAL pregnancy. No problems, no symptoms, so sickness or cravings. Not even a mood swing! Everything was going great until week 32. Then all of a sudden my blood pressure started raising, and slowly but surely all my plans of a natural child birth at a birthing centre, surrounded by my midwife, doula, husband and whatever family I invited all turned to mush.

By week 35 I was hospitalized for almost a week, until I got fed up and checked myself out of the hospital against medical advice.

By week 36 my doctor sent me back to the hospital to induce me to have my baby. After going through the whole night in labour, I ended up having to do an emergency C-section to get baby girl out. Finally, at 6:48am on 24th January 2013, my baby daughter was born. My first child. My only child...no way I want to go through that pregnancy experience again...I barely survived the first time!!

My little (premature) miracle baby was born at a tiny 4lbs, but needing absolutely no NICU time or medical help. She's such a little trooper! I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment