Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Confession


The other tidbit I want to share isn’t a good one. And I haven’t told anyone about it, so I really needed to share with someone.

Last night I was putting her to sleep. And she fell asleep on the bed with me as usual but she wasn’t sleeping deeply as yet so I decided to leave her for a while for I put her in her crib. So I left her on the bed (she naps on the bed lots of times on weekends) surrounded by pillows while I went outside.

About an hour later, hubby and I heard her cry out like she’d woken up. But I told him let’s leave her a moment and see if she falls back to sleep. I suddenly remembered I’d left her on the bed though, so I jumped up quickly and went to the bedroom scared she wakes up enough to try to climb down the bed (which she’s never done, but who knows when she’d start trying!). I got into the room and the light was off so I stared at the bed looking for her, and had a moment of absolute confusion (too confused to panic) when I didn’t see her…until I noticed her lying on the floor sleeping!!! OMG!! She obviously rolled off the bed, cried out and fell instantly back to sleep!!! It’s kind of funny, and my bed isn’t very high, but oh my God that was scary and embarrassing!! I picked her up (she stayed asleep the whole time) and put her in her crib. I was so scared that maybe she’s not sleeping, maybe she was knocked out, but thank God, she was fine. I kept squeezing areas to make sure nothing was hurt or damaged, and then kept going in to check on her every 20 mins to make sure she was really was ok.

I mean, she’s fine now, so I can say it was kind of funny that she rolled off the bed and basically slept through it. But oh my. Poor little thing. With her prayers tonight I had to give her Guardian Angel some extra thanks. *sigh*            

No comments:

Post a Comment