Thursday, December 5, 2013

Colour me Red

My hair is a mess! I have so many greys I think I could pass for girlie's grandma! And I haven't cut my hair in months. I asked my husband since the beginning of November to let me know an afternoon that he could pick up girlie from my mom's after work, so that I could be free to go do my hair. 3 weeks pass, and I look haggier and haggier by the day!! So I put my foot down last Thursday. "Honey, how's my hair looking? Kinda crappy right? That's cause you won't give me a chance to go do my hair!! Do you want to walk around with me looking like this? Isn't it embarrassing to you? I don't have to look at me, but you do, don't you wish I would do my hair?!? I'm going to the salon tomorrow, so pick up the baby after work!!!" That worked J He complained vehemently about my taking away is Friday evening when he was planning to go have some drinks with the boys but tough luck!

So finally I cut my hair, but I didn't have time or money to have the salon colour it, so I bought a beautiful Red Revlon ColorSilk Luminista.

                                                                                     

The nest day, Saturday, Hubby had to step out, and it was just little one and me at home. So I timed her, so that when she went down for her nap, I'd quickly colour my hair and have it washed out by the time she wakes up. Man (or Woman in this case) makes plans and God laughs!

After walking her vigorously throughout the house, then standing with her in front the fan and singing, she finally falls asleep. And the clock starts!!  I quickly read the instructions (I've coloured my hair thousands of times, but I MUST read the instructions first every time :-S Weird huh?) and get started. JUST as I finished applying all the colour to my hair I hear her screams! I freeze…what to do? Leave her? Maybe she'll fall back asleep…Pick her up? But what about the dye in my hair? And how will I ever wash it out with that little monkey attached to me? So I tried to leave her while my hair colour developed. But she bawled and screamed, and there was no way she was going back to sleep. So I dug through the dust incrusted cupboard under the sink and found a plastic shower cap, threw that on, and yanked her out the crib. Poor thing was sobbing by that time!!! Poor little darling! *sigh*

She was fascinated by the cap on my head, but happily she did not try to grab it off. So we played for the 30 minutes while the colour developed, but now it was crunch time, time to wash out my hair. What to do with the squirming wiggly little thing? *Ping!!* I know what to do! So I drag her highchair into my very tiny bathroom, grab some baby snacks and BINGO! Plop her into her chair right in front the shower (the bathroom's really tiny, so there's no other choice anyway), leave the shower curtains open while I bathe and feed her puffs. She's most amused to watch the red flow out my hair, and sits back with her snacks and takes in the scene. Amazingly she actually sat quietly for the whole thing, just screaming up at me when she was ready for more puffs.

Lol, it worked out well! A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do to get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment