Friday, April 26, 2013

Interrupted Bedtime

So tonight we ended up having some friends and family at our house. Including my mother-in-law. So I made sure and let her hold baby as much as possible, so she had plenty of bonding time. I even pushed back baby's bedtime to be a little later. So finally I took little one and bathed her and did our getting-ready-for-bed routine. Once dressed and ready to sleep I took her outside and let everyone, one by one, say goodnight to her. I didn't rush anyone, letting whoever wanted to hold her. Finally we went inside to nurse and for her to fall asleep.
Tell me why then my MIL thinks she needed to come into the bedroom while I'm nursing and proceed to talk to baby as she's trying to sleep!! I literally had to bite my tongue!! I was very standoffish to her and I think she eventually took the hint and left.
But I had little one tell everyone goodnight for a reason!! Why did she think she needed to come in the room?
And that wasn't the first time she irritated me tonight. She had to make comments on baby's nightgown, her crib, and the way I held her. So annoying.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device available from bmobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment